Paathshala : Music Review

While Aye Khuda caught my attention since first promo, full version lives that expectation. Salim Merchant croons this lovely 'Guitar-ed' song addressed to the almighty. Very less known musician Hanif Sheikh surprised me. Khushnuma is a peppy rap kinda track by Vishal Dadlani. A song for early morning walk in pleasent atmosphere.

The music video song, Bekarar caught my eye last night, Where Shahid was looking awesome. My favorite Lucky Ali sings this strings-filled song of longing. Just loved the sound. Next up is Tulsi Kumar alongwith composer Hanif Shaikh himself with backing vocals of Akansha Lamba. Mujhe Teri has some interesting notes and smooth vocals, a fresh listen.

Concluding the album [besides remixes ofcourse], Kailash Kher is there with Teri Marzi which sounds kinda typical Kailash product. An average one I think.

Surprised I am how the songs sound fresh. Most of them I can go repeat listening. Hanif Shaikh, both as a composer and lyricist, is definitely to watch out for.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you really liked it!

    I need to check it out now...

    I really liked the Aye Khuda promo and song but I wasn't too keen on Bekaraar, but I guess I'll have to give it another chance... Thanks for the review!

    Are you looking forward to the film itself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 'now' i am looking forward to the movie. After listening to music.

    Aye Khuda is really a breezy one, can stick in your head. Lovely track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You r right, Aye Khuda definitely is a beautiful track, a nice change from the music coming out nowadays...

    I was looking forward to this one right from when the first promo came out because it seems to carry a message about the education system turning into a business. I tend to love films with a message like TZP or RDB or even MNIK... This one will probably touch my heart as TZP did.

    I also liked Mujhe Teri and the theme tune a lot :)

    Have you seen the trailer to this? What did you think?

    I'm planning on reviewing this album for my next post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shahid, today i watch your paathshala movie first show in theater, its best and your performance is outstanding, it’s my view, but may people hat this movie.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails